Bet MIRA is committed to responsible gaming, and is dedicated to an enjoyable and positive gaming experience for all of our players. Most of our players play for fun and entertainment, but we recognize that a small percentage of players will:
- Attempt to play when they're underage
- Allow gambling to control them and affect their lives.
The staff of Bet MIRA are committed to assisting and protecting those who should not be playing casino gaming at all, or who wish to limit the amount that they play.
Any underage player who has provided dishonest or inaccurate information regarding their true age may have all winnings forfeited and could face criminal prosecution.
What we do
- Every person signing up for a new account at Bet MIRA must check a box that indicates that they are at least 18 years of age. This notifies everybody that we don't accept players under 18.
- When a player creates an account with Bet MIRA, we collect their name, address and birth date to confirm that the player is at least 18 years old.
- Bet MIRA does not target underage players with our marketing and advertising. It is neither good business nor consistent with our personal and corporate values to attract underage players.
What you can do
- Be sure to protect your computer. All Windows computers can be set up to have password control so that you must enter a password to get to the desktop. In general, this is a good practice, but it's even more important when there are children or teenagers in your household. Also, keep your Bet MIRA screen name and password private. You can elect to have the Bet MIRA software not remember your password each time you log into Bet MIRA. If you have any concern that somebody else might attempt to access your Bet MIRA account.
- If you are aware of an underage person using Bet MIRA software, let us know. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get right on it. Our first step is to investigate, and if warranted, freeze the player's account and request identification from that player; we take these reports seriously.
How to play online responsibly
If you choose to play online gaming, there are some general guidelines that can help make your game playing experience safer, and reduce the risk that problems can occur:
- Play for entertainment, and not as a way of making money.
- Play with money that you can afford to lose. Never use money that you need for important things such as food, rent, bills, or tuition.
- Never deposit more than you can afford to lose.
- Never chase losses. If you lose money, don't play higher stakes to try and recoup your losses.
- Don't play when you are upset, tired, or depressed. It is difficult to make good decisions when you are feeling down.
- Balance gaming with other activities. Find other forms of entertainment so playing does not become too big part of your life.
You can find information about organizations which can help people with a gambling addiction here:
GamCare Phone support (+44) 0808 8020 133 8am to midnight, 7 days a week
Phone: (+44) 01384 241292
- GA Gamblers Anonymous Tel: 0207 384 3040 www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk
- Gam-Anon Tel: 08700 50 88 80 www.gamanon.org.uk